It is no longer news that Pastor Enoch Adejare has stepped down as the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) IN NIGERIA.
The Church is now to be led by Pastor Joseph Obayemi, as Pastor Funsho Odesola will serve as the new Church Secretary and Pastor Joseph Adeyokun as the new Church Treasurer.
This is sequel to the new legal requirements set up by the Financial Regulations Council, guiding all registered Churches, Mosques, CSOs. They now have a maximum period of twenty years to lead their organizations. In retirement, they are not permitted to hand over to their families.
Many Nigerians, unlike RCCG members, are not totally conversant with the man who is to now become the new face of the ministry, therefore, we present six solid facts you should know about the man who will now head the church in Nigeria.
1. Pastor Obayemi was picked from Lagos state, as he was the clergyman in charge of Lagos Province 28, Region 2.
2. As one of the prominent ministers of the assembly, he has been one of the decision makers as a member of the governing council of RCCG.
3. He also seems to be a trustworthy fellow to have been picked by Pastor Adeboye as he was a deputy in charge of Finance.
4. The incoming GO also headed the board of governors, House fellowship of the RCCG body.
5. His selection may also have been based on the fact that he was a special assistant to Daddy GO on Finance PICR in the region where he was the pastor.
6. In 2015, he laid the foundation of the place of worship of the province, although it was a temporary site.
Meanwhile, Pastor Enoch Adeboye who became the General Overseer of the RCCG in 1991 and at age 74 (after more than two decades in the same post) remains the General Overseer of RCCG Worldwide.